Tag! I’m it! Or as Carlos would say on his blog, Population Statistic, Guten Tagged! The goal is to divulge eight random things about myself after listing “the rules” and then tagging eight people who may -or may not- play along and list eight random things about themselves. Here are the rules.
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Donâ€™t forget to leave them a comment telling them theyâ€™re tagged, and to read your blog.
And here are eight random things about me.
1. I’ve been stabbed in the arm with a knife by a wild Korean boy screaming, “American!” after being chased by his gang out in Hannam-dong after visiting my friend John Schaffer. It was, as they say, “Merely a flesh wound!” Saying I was Canadian calmed them down. They even apologized. I lied, though. I’m American.
2. Speaking of Korea, my friend Robert, my brother Chris and I were almost killed by a notorious serial murderer! I even wrote a song about it, called Chopping Up Robert.
3. I used to have a cat named Lucifer. Otherwise, all my pet’s first names started with “K” (Killian and Kitwik).
4. I’ve lived in San Francisco just shy of 10 years continuously, which is almost three times longer than anywhere else I’ve ever lived.
5. I have over 700 books here at home, and have read approximately 85% of them. This is a small portion of what I’ve read in my life.
6. I hate theme parks. I think it’s the crowds, the lines, and the bad attitudes all the parents are repressing.
7. I love chocolate covered cherries. Their nickname is crack.
8. Just like Carlos, I’m a closet optimist.
You can follow responses with a RSS 2.0 feed or via email using the checkbox below. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
2 Responses to “Tag-alog: 8 Random Things”
- CT says (July 30th, 2007 at 07:04:51 )
Well, your 8 blows mine away. Blew mine away just from the first two items, in fact!
I concur on the theme-parks hatred. Which is strange, since I spent half my life in Florida, not far from Themepark Land (Orlando). But I was always the wet blanket whenever a trip to Disney was proposed. Just the thought of all the lines, the nonstop in-your-face merchandising… Ech.
- douglas says (July 30th, 2007 at 08:25:06 )
Well, the problem with a list like this and with who I am is that I don’t have a lot of things they don’t know about me (or couldn’t find out if they dug through this site and paid attention). Then there are the secrets I’ve been entrusted with or the things that are just too private to air this publicly.
I *almost* included a tomato entry since it seems to be a common thread. I like them fresh sometimes, but never cooked whole or mostly whole except pureÃ©d as something like pasta sauce.
Theme parks… Double “ech”!